The following events occurred in the B.C. era:
- Ancient Egyptian dynasties develop pyramids, mummies, and magical protections later requiring Curse-Breakers.
- In the Israelite-Philistine war, the Giant mercenary Goliath is slayed by a young boy with a catapult.
- Ancient Greece
- Herpo the Foul first hatches the Basilisk and possibly devises the ritual to create a Horcrux.
- First recording of an Animagus — Falco Aesalon.
- Odysseus slays Cyclops.
- Mopsus, a Seer, defeats Calchas in a competition of their powers.
- Circe transfigures lost sailors into pigs in her native Aeaea.
- Andros the Invincible produces the only recorded Patronus the size of a Giant.
- 4th century B.C.: Lifetime of Dzou Yen, famous Chinese alchemist.
- 382 B.C.: The Ancient Roman Ollivander, starts the family's wand-making business. The Ollivander family would be regarded as the best British wandmakers until the late 1990s, at least.
- c. 1 B.C.: Jesus of Nazareth was born of Mary.
- Goliath's slayer
- Herpo the Foul
- Herpo the Foul's Basilisk
- Mopsus (antiquity)
- Andros the Invincible
- Falco Aesalon
- 4th century BC: Dzou Yen
Behind the scenes
- The prop of the special edition of Seeker Weekly featured in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (that can be seen here) states that the magazine is in its 240274th issue by August of 1994. If that was the case, and presuming a weekly frequency, the magazine would have been founded in around the year 2610 BC. This cannot be considered canon because it is self-defeating: the first record of a primitive form of Quidditch (Kwidditch) dates to c. 1050 and, indeed, the earliest known reference to wizards using broomsticks as a means of conveyance dates to A.D. 963.
Notes and references
B.C. era - 1st to 10th century - 11th century - 12th century - 13th century - 14th century
15th century - 16th century - 17th century - 18th century - 19th century - 20th century - 21st century
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.