At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Potter, when I want nonsense shouted at me I shall give you a Babbling Beverage."
- — Severus Snape mentioning this potion to Harry Potter[src]
1986–1987 school year
- Jacob's sibling: "Working… work… how do we know… WORKING WHACKING THACKING!"
- Murphy McNully: "Quidditch… Quidditch Quaffle… QUIDDITCH QUAFFLE QUIBBLER FIBBLER FIBBLE FABBLE!"
- Penny Haywood: "BABBLING BABBLE ZABBLE BABBLE YABBLE! Pabble pibble babble… babble… babbling beverage…"
- — Jacob's sibling, Murphy McNully and Penny Haywood after drinking the Babbling Beverage[src]
At the end of the school year, Jacob's sibling's Prefect was graduating at the end of that school year. As a parting gift, three private lessons were taught to Jacob's sibling, Babbling Beverage being one of them.
In 1996, when Dolores Umbridge had become the Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Parvati and Padma Patil secretly brewed the potion and, with help from Harry Potter, used it on Umbridge's loudspeakers. This was just one of the many sabotages on Umbridge's reign.
Harry Potter, convinced that Sirius Black was in trouble at the Department of Mysteries, gave a cryptic warning to Severus Snape. Professor Snape, pretending he did not understand, replied that he would use the Babbling Beverage if he wanted nonsense shouted at him.
Behind the scenes
- Given that every potion is completed only with the use of a spell, the most likely spell used to complete this potion would be the Babbling Curse.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 32 (Out of the Fire)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Farewell My Prefect"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 3, Side Quest "Upping the Game"