At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Badeea Ali was a witch who started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1984 and was sorted into Ravenclaw. A creatively ingenious soul, she took an instant interest in the portraits that hung all throughout the castle from the moment she set foot in the castle and proceeded to spend most of her time outside of her lessons experimenting with the creation of magical paintings of people and places, and the necessary spellwork required to make them come to life.
Hogwarts years (1984-1991)
Badeea started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on 1 September and was sorted into Ravenclaw house. Due to being a female Ravenclaw of the same year, she may have shared a dorm room with Tulip Karasu.
She and Jacob's sibling met in the Clock Tower Courtyard when Badeaa Ali was creating a magical portrait of Hogsmeade. Jacob's sibling needed her help to rescue Beatrice Haywood, who was stuck in a painting, after Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington had told them about Badeea. Badeea explained that she had been attempting to recreate the portrait with Beatrice.
Later on, Jacob's sibling met up with Badeaa in Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom when the former was looking for Patricia Rakepick. Jacob's sibling asked Badeaa to teach them one ability.
Badea was a young girl who wore a blue hijab, with brown eyes and pale skin.
Personality and traits
Being a member of Ravenclaw house, Badea was a highly intelligent and creative young witch with an impressive talent for painting and the experimentation with new forms of magic and spells. She was academically-minded, who took great interest in her schoolwork and thus often enjoyed discussing academic topics with other students. She was also friendly and good-natured, as she was willing to assist Jacob's sibling when they needed her help. Indeed, she was so devoted to her hobby as an artist that she did not pay much attention to many of the events that went on at Hogwarts, showing her to be a fiercely dedicated individualist who preferred living in her own imagination and world, rather than being too obsessed with reality.
Magical abilities and skills
- Spell creation: Badeea invented the Star Shower Spell with the help from Jacob's sibling and Charlie Weasley. This was an incredibly impressive feat for a Hogwarts student, given how the art of spell creation is both highly complex and even dangerous, showing her to have been a highly accomplished and inventive witch in this respect.
- Charms: Badea was proficient in charm-work, as she successfully created the Star Shower Spell, an Atmospheric Charm and was able to place the necessary charms on the portraits she painted to give them personality. She also enjoyed experimenting with new Defensive Charms in her free time.
- Artist: Badea was a highly talented and imaginative artist, who specialised in the creation of magical, living portraits, due to her own personal fascination with such magical items.
Behind the scenes
- Based on her name, it is possible that she was of Arabic descent. However, even non-Arab Muslims usually have names with these roots (i.e. ones from Pakistan or India, more common in the UK and Ireland).
Friend Interaction correct answers
Meal With a friend
- ✔+ Ingolfr the Iambic
- ✔+ Godric's Hollow at Night/Witch and Wizard Couple
- ✔+ Mopsy Fleabert
- ✔+ Malecrit
- ✔+ The Hobgoblins
- ✔+ The Bent-Winged Snitches
- ✔+ Walter Crane
- ✔+ Magenta Comstock
- ✔+ I might fall asleep
- ✔ I might die of boredom
- ✔+ Let's discuss History of Magic
- ✔ Let's discuss Arithmancy
- ✔+ I'll ask Binns to come lecture
- ✔ I'll sing you a lullaby
- ✔+ Sorry, I was nodding
- ✔ It was quite boring
- ✔ Let's think boring thoughts
- ✔+ Let's stare at the ground
- ✔ I prefer taking a kip
- ✔+ I don't have an opinion
- ✔+ Ali
- ✔+ Professor Flitwick
- ✔+ Painting Portraits
- ✔+ Clocktower Courtyard
- ✔+ Beatrice Haywood
- ✔+ Think outside the box
- ✔+ Nearly Headless Nick
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ Her mother was a Muggle. Her father's blood status is unknown.
- ↑ "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 1 (Year Five Begins) - Defence Against the Dark Arts Lesson "Ghoul"
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 4 (Opposite Day)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 20 (Peter Pettigrew)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 2 (Curses and Prophecies)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 3 (Detention Before Extension) - History of Magic Lesson "Medieval Assembly of European Wizards"