- Harry: "Excuse me, can you talk?"
- Gargoyle: "No!"
- Ron: "But you just did."
- Gargoyle: "No I didn't."
- Ron: "Then who did?"
- Gargoyle: "She did. That one there. The one with the bushy hair!"
- Hermione: "My hair is not bushy! Ron, is my hair bushy?"
- Ron: "No - well - only a bit."
- Hermione: "It's been windy, and I've been busy."
- — Finding one of the five talking gargoyles[src]
During the 1995–1996 school year, Professor Binns assigned his Fifth year students the task of listing five talking gargoyles as a homework assignment. Harry Potter located the gargoyles as a favour to Dean Thomas so that he could attend the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army in the Room of Requirement.
Behind the scenes
- The gargoyle was voiced by Jonathan Kydd in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- On the Norwegian dubbed version of the game, this Gargoyle was voiced by voice actor Yngvar Numme, who had the voice of the 1994's Lion King as the warthog Pumba, which was the cause of much amusement among Norwegian Harry Potter fans, seeing as the gargoyle resembled the character.
- The gargoyle's name was identified during the game's credits.
- Other conversations with the gargoyle:
- "Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits, rabbits."
- —Conversation 1[src]
- "You must be confusing me with someone else. I can't talk, not me. I haven't said a word my whole life."
- —Conversation 2[src]
- "Sorry, there's no one here."
- —Conversation 3[src]
- "You must be imagining things. I can't hear anyone talking."
- —Conversation 4[src]
- "Shhh, listen. Can you hear that? See, there's no one talking here. There's no one here at all."
- —Conversation 5[src]
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (First appearance)
Notes and references