Magical abilities and skills
- Flying: Horton was an accomplished and talented broomstick flyer, being a professional Quidditch player for the Falmouth Falcons
- Charms: Horton was highly proficient in charm-work, given how he invented the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm.
- Spell creation: Horton succeeded in the immensely complex and difficult magical art of inventing new spells, as he successfully created the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm.
The name "Basil" comes from the Greek name Βασιλειος (Basileios) which was derived from βασιλευς (basileus) meaning "king". Saint Basil the Great was a 4th-century bishop of Caesarea and one of the fathers of the early Christian church.
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Quidditch Through the Ages (real) - Chapter Nine (The Development of the Racing Broom)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.