Magical abilities and skills
- Flying: Horton was an evidently accomplished broomstick flyer, being a professional Quidditch player for the Falmouth Falcons.
- Charms: Horton was clearly good with charms, given how he invented the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm.
- Spell creation: Horton successfully created the Horton-Keitch Braking Charm.
The name "Basil" comes from the Greek name Βασιλειος (Basileios) which was derived from βασιλευς (basileus) meaning "king". Saint Basil the Great was a 4th-century bishop of Caesarea and one of the fathers of the early Christian church.
- Quidditch Through the Ages (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 9 (The Development of the Racing Broom)