At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "This popular ingredient is one of many items available for sale at the apothecary."
In 1991, on Harry Potters first trip to Diagon Alley, he saw a barrel of bat spleens in the window of a shop. A jar of them was seen on the floor of the First-Floor Girls' Toilets during the troll attack that same year. They are also used in Potion-making, and are taught about in sixth year Potions classes. Professor Snape kept a jar of them in his office, and Professor Slughorn briefly mentioned bat spleen as an ingredient in the Draught of Living Death.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)