|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Behind the scenes
- In J. K. Rowling's earliest concepts for the series, Hufflepuff's mascot was a bear rather than a badger.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned) (Mentioned only in J. K. Rowling's personal annotated copy)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Appears as a Patronus) (Appears in the Book of Spells challenges)
- Wonderbook: Book of Spells (First appearance) (Appears as a Patronus and in concept art)
Notes and references
- Bear on Wikipedia
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 12 (Silver and Opals)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 19 (Elf Tails)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 14 (Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback)
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - with annotations, The Guardian