At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The Beast Division was one of three divisions under the control of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. It dealt with all duties and problems concerning those magical creatures classified as a "Beast" by the Ministry of Magic. It was founded by Grogan Stump in 1811.
Beast Division sub-departments
- Centaur Liaison Office
- Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures
- Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau
- Ghoul Task Force
- Troll Patrol
- Werewolf Capture Unit
- Werewolf Registry
- Newt Scamander, various sub-departments
- Walden Macnair, executioner, Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures (dismissed once Death Eater membership revealed)
- Mathilda Grimblehawk
- Mathilda Grimblehawk's partner
- Cecil Lee, Werewolf Capture Unit
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Introduction, What is a Beast?
- Trolls were classified as beasts, and as such, it's the Beast Division who handled them.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - About the Author
- Fantastic Beasts: Cases from the Wizarding World - Case 1: Something in the Air, Act 1
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, "Howling Hallowe'en" Achievement