Cobra Kai Season 4 - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Magical abilities and skills
- Herbology: Marjoribanks was a well-renowned and prominent professional Herbologist, who would have been exceptionally knowledgeable in the study of magical and mundane plants and fungi, and very skilled in the handling and cultivation of them. He collected and studied many rare magical plants and flowers throughout his lifetime, earning him recognition on a bronze Chocolate Frog Card for his superb achievements in this field.
- His first name "Beaumont" comes from a French surname meaning "beautiful mountain."
- His surname comes from the Scottish Lowlands Clan Marjoribanks, whose name is (according to legend) derived from the area originally called "Marjorie's Banks" in honour of Princess Marjorie Bruce, who owned the territory alongside her husband. The name "Marjorie" is derived in part from the name of the herb marjoram.
Behind the scenes
- Despite the fact that it is said Majoribanks discovered Gillyweed, Elladora Ketteridge is said to have discovered its effects about a century earlier. This error would be fixed if the dates were switched, or if Majoribanks was alive before, or at the same time as Ketteridge, as he only discovered the existence of Gillyweed, while Ketteridge discovered its magical effects.
- There appear to be inconsistencies in the spelling of this individual's surname: in the video games, it appears to be spelt "Majorbanks". In the real-life Chocolate Frog Cards once released in the United States (which were penned by J. K. Rowling), it is spelt "Marjoribanks".
- The Chocolate Frog Card portrait of Marjoribanks featured in the video games appears to be a direct homage to Rembrandt Peale's 1801 oil painting Rubens Peale with a Geranium in both pose and setting.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on statue(s))
Notes and references
|First-floor of Hogwarts Castle|
|First-Floor Girls' Toilets · Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom|
|Class 1 · Classroom 1A · Classroom 1C · Classroom 1D · Classroom 1E · Classroom 4F · Classroom used for storage · Classroom with maps of Great Britain and Ireland · Muggle Studies Classroom|
|First-floor corridor · Library corridor · Passage of the Fouls · Tapestry Corridor|
|Halls and rooms|
|Detention Chamber · East Wing · Hospital wing · Library · Rear Hall · Severus Snape's storeroom|
|Minerva McGonagall's office · Poppy Pomfrey's office|
|Minerva McGonagall's bedroom · Stone Bridge|
|Portraits, statues and other artwork|
|Bearded man · Elizabeth Burke · Count · Fat Friar · Female nurse · Male nurse · Beaumont Marjoribanks · Hengist Rawkes · Scholar · Google Stump|
|Staircase to the second-floor corridor · Staircase to the Serpentine Corridor · Staircase to the library corridor|