Beaumont Marjoribanks (1742—1845) was a wizard and pioneer in the field of Herbology, having collected and classified many rare magical plants. He was the first person to have discovered Gillyweed. For contributions to the field of Herbology, he was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
The name "Beaumont" comes from a French surname meaning "beautiful mountain".
Behind the scenes
- Despite the fact that it is said Majoribanks discovered Gillyweed, Elladora Ketteridge is said to have discovered its effects about a century earlier. This error would be fixed if the dates were swtiched, or if Majoribanks was alive at the same time as, or before Ketteridge, as he only discovered the existence of Gillyweed, while Ketteridge discovered its magical effects.
- There appear to be inconsistencies in the spelling of this individual's surname: in the video games, it appears to be spelt "Majorbanks". In the real-life Chocolate Frog Cards once released in the United States (which were penned by J. K. Rowling), it is spelt "Marjoribanks".
- The Chocolate Frog Card portrait of Marjoribanks featured in the video games appears to be a direct homage to Rembrandt Peale's 1801 oil painting Rubens Peale with a Geranium in both pose and setting.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on statue(s))
Notes and references
- ↑ Majoribanks's Chocolate Frog Card in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - PS2 version