At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "As the gigantic black shape skimmed over the treetops of the Forbidden Forest and the lights shining from the castle windows hit it, they saw a gigantic, powderblue, horse-drawn carriage, the size of a large house, soaring toward them, pulled through the air by a dozen winged horses, all palominos, and each the size of an elephant."
- —The Beauxbatons carriages[src]
The Beauxbatons Carriage (French: Le carrosse de Beauxbâtons) was a light-blue carriage pulled by a dozen Abraxans used to transport the staff and students of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. Despite being used as transportation by Beauxbatons, travelling in an Abraxan horse-drawn giant carriage was a breach of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy.
The carriage was a gigantic powder blue horse-drawn carriage that was the size of a large house.
When Beauxbatons competed in the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, the students and their Headmistress Olympe Maxime travelled to Hogwarts in the carriage and back to Beauxbatons once the Tournament had finished.
Due to Barty Crouch Snr's, one of the tournament's judges, disappearance was near the carriage's area, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge suspected Madame Maxime to be the culprit, though Albus Dumbledore believed this accusation was due to his personal prejudice since she was a Half-giant.
Behind the scenes
- The version of the Beauxbatons carriage used in the films was life-size. "A grand carriage was rented from Paris and decorated in detail with cherubs, garlands, and painted panels copied from artist François Boucher."
- Although the Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test gives the impression that travelling in this manner is in violation of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, it is likely that an exception is made for Beauxbatons if neither the carriage or the winged horses flying it is visible to Muggles.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Wizarding World
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 15 (Beauxbatons and Durmstrang)
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Beauxbatons Academy of Magic" at Wizarding World
- Pottermore - The Beauxbatons Carriage
- Pottermore - Le carrosse de Beauxbâtons
- Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test - Grade 1, Question 11
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 29 (The Dream)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 30 (The White Tomb)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 2, "Hosting the Beauxbatons" Achievement
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry