During the 1988–1989 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Severus Snape taught his fifth-years how to concoct this particular brew in Potions class, in preparation for their upcoming Ordinary Wizarding Levels.
Harry Potter read about Befuddlement Draughts while trying to complete homework one night in his fifth year in 1995. His mind was so consumed by worried thoughts that he repeatedly read the same passage of text and then fell asleep with the book still in his hands.
Behind the scenes
- The Befuddlement Draught can be brewed in Harry Potter: Magic Awakened and is used to confuse opponents and let them move towards the place the potion is thrown in gameplay other than duelling.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened
- The Road to Hogwarts Sweepstakes