At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- Argus Filch: "What are you doing?"
- Harry Potter: "Nothing."
- Argus Filch: "Nothing! A likely story! Sneaking around on your own -- why aren't you in Hogsmeade buying Stink Pellets and Belch Powder and Whizzing Worms like the rest of your nasty little friends?"
- — Argus Filch questioning Harry Potter about his absence from Hogsmeade[src]
Ingredients for Belch Powder include Mummy, Mastick, Red Myrrhe, Olibanum, Ammoniacum, Oppopanax and Bdelium (2 drachms of each), 2 pounds of Vitriol, 2 pounds of Honey, half an ounce of Tartar and 3 gallons of Aquavitæ.
Behind the scenes
- The ingredient list for the prop Belch Powder boxes featured in the Harry Potter films seem to have been copied directly from a 1656 copy of The Archidoxes of Magic by Paracelsus. The excerpt in question is actually a list of ingredients for a "Celestial Medicine" against the gout.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter Wizard's Collection (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)