|We must've been through hundreds of books already and we can't find him anywhere —|
- Bell — presumed co-owner of Cogg and Bell Clockmakers
- Katie Bell — a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1990s and member of Dumbledore's Army
- Mr Bell — father of Katie
- Mrs Bell — mother of Katie
- Cassius Bell — Auror from the early 20th century
Bell is an English surname derived from the Middle English word belle, "bell," and arose as an occupational for a bell-maker or bell-ringer, and a habitational name for a person who lived near a bell or a sign featuring a bell.
Bell is also a Scottish and northern English surname that derives from the unisex medieval given name Bel. As a male name, Bel derived from the Old French word beu/bel, meaning "handsome." As a female name, it was a diminutive form of Isobel, the Scottish form of Isabel, the Occitan form of the Biblical name Elizabeth.