|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest. The laughter had not quite died from his face, but his eyes widened in shock."
- — Bellatrix killing Sirius with this spell[src]
This unidentified spell (incantation unknown) was used by Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries in 1996. The spell's hand movement is unknown. Although Bellatrix used it to kill Sirius Black, it probably just makes the victim fall or have a push effect.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation, Bellatrix casts the Killing Curse on Sirius instead of this unidentified spell.
- This spell may have been the Impediment Jinx. Furthermore, it could have been the Stunning Spell, an offensive spell she was proficient with, or it could have been the Disarming Charm, which can blast an opponent back and deprive them of their wand at the same time. It could also have been the Knockback Jinx, which could, hence it's name, knock back a target.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 35 (Beyond the Veil)