- "Benjy Fenwick, he copped it too, we only ever found bits of him…"
- —Benjy's gruesome death[src]
Though nothing is known about his early life, it is likely that as a British wizard, he attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he turned eleven and that he had graduated prior to 1981 as the First Wizarding War ended that year.
During the First Wizarding War, Fenwick became a member of the Order of the Phoenix, an organisation founded and led by Albus Dumbledore, in order to oppose the evil Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters. Fenwick most likely fought in several battles of the First Wizarding War.
Fenwick was brutally murdered by Death Eaters during the war. On the day of his death, a Death Eater fired a deadly curse that blasted Fenwick into pieces (possibly a Blasting Curse), and then disposed of his remains. According to fellow Order member Alastor Moody in their search for Fenwick's body they only ever found "bits of him."
Magical abilities and skills
- Magical Mastery: To be a member of the Order of the Phoenix, it is highly likely that Fenwick was an accomplished and talented wizard who would have used his magical abilities in a number of battles against the Death Eaters before his untimely death.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance in Order of the Phoenix photograph)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
Behind the scenes
- On Pottermore, an image of Benjy has him being of a tanned skin colour but whether this is canon to the series is unknown - the image also has Alice Longbottom as having brown hair when, as her son resembles her, she is most likely (formerly) blonde so there are potential errors or differences between sources.
Notes and references
- ↑ Fenwick appeared in a photograph with Marlene McKinnon that was taken two weeks before McKinnon's death in 1981 (Possibly October) . This indicates Fenwick was alive in 1981 and must have been killed sometime between then and Voldemort's fall (31 October, 1981).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 9 (The Woes of Mrs Weasley)