- "Thank you, my dear. Incidentally, that thing you are dreading -- it will happen on Friday the sixteenth of October."
- —Sybill Trelawney's prediction to Lavender Brown[src]
- Parvati Patil: "She got a letter from home this morning. It's her rabbit, Binky. He's been killed by a fox."
- Hermione Granger: "Oh, I'm sorry, Lavender."
- — Hermione comforting Lavender over the deceased Binky[src]
On 16 October, 1993, Lavender received the news that Binky had been killed by a fox, which greatly upset Lavender though she was convinced that her Divination professor Sybill Trelawney had predicted this event accurately. However, Hermione Granger was quick to point out the flaws in the logic that this was the event Trelawney had predicted, since the rabbit was young and healthy, giving Lavender no cause for fear, and the death itself did not occur on the 16th, only the report thereof.