|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Mr Binns was the father of Cuthbert Binns, a wizard who became Professor of History of Magic at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He always used to say something to his son, but what he said is unknown because Cuthbert fell asleep while telling Harry Potter about it.
Cuthbert Binns likely studied at Hogwarts and later became Professor of History of Magic. His lessons were noted as being incredibly boring, even to the point of making violent and bloody goblin riots sound dull. At some point, Cuthbert fell asleep in the staff room and died in his sleep. Despite that, he continued teaching as a ghost, which was unfortunate for his students who had to continue to listen to his droning.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)