Birds (class: Aves) are feathered, beaked, winged, bipedal, warm-blooded, egg-laying, vertebrate animals. With around 10,000 living species, they are the most speciose class of tetrapod vertebrates.
Birds in the wizarding world
Birds exist both in the wizarding world and the Muggle world, however the owl kind is the most common in the wizarding world, both as pets and means of communication. The use of Bird entrails is a form of Divination, and there also exist many magical varieties of birds, such as phoenixes. There exist spells both to transform objects into birds, as well as conjuring them out of thin air. Bird-watching is a hobby that both Muggles and wizardkind partake in.
Magical varieties of birds
- Golden Snidget
- Snallygaster (Bird-reptile hybrid)
Non-magical varieties of birds
- This subject is far too vague or ubiquitous to have a list of appearances, for it most likely appears in every release/title of the Wizarding World franchise.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PlayStation version)