Birds (class: Aves) are feathered, beaked, winged, bipedal, warm-blooded, egg-laying, vertebrate animals. With around 10,000 living species, they are the most speciose class of tetrapod vertebrates.
Birds in the wizarding world
Birds exist both in the wizarding world and the Muggle world, however the owl is the most common kind in the wizarding world, both as pets and means of communication. Bird entrails can be used in a form of Divination, and there also exist many magical varieties of birds, such as phoenixes. There exist spells both to transform objects into birds, as well as conjuring them out of thin air. Bird-watching is a hobby that both Muggles and wizardkind partake in.
Magical varieties of birds
- Golden Snidget
- Snallygaster (Bird-reptile hybrid)
Non-magical varieties of birds
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PlayStation version)