|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "It's these—ouch—shoes my brother gave me—ow—they're eating my—OUCH—feet—look at them, there must be some kind of—AARGH—jinx on them and I can't—AAAAARGH—get them off."
- — A wizard explaining the effects of this jinx.[src]
The Nose-Biting Teacup is a product sold at Zonko's Joke Shop and Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes that looks like an ordinary teacup, but has been jinxed to bite the nose of anyone who tries to drink out of it. Ron Weasley and Harry Potter each bought one on a trip to Hogsmeade in 1994.
Willy Widdershins was caught selling biting doorknobs to Muggles in 1995, presumably enchanted by this jinx. Two of his victims lost fingers and had to be sent to St Mungo's to have their bones regrown and their memories modified.
In the winter of 1995, a man was given some shoes with this jinx placed on them by his brother. When he explained the predicament to the welcome witch at the hospital, she replied that the shoes didn't stop him reading, and hence revealing that the jinx is not severe enough to affect eyesight or mental capabilities.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game (Possible appearance)