At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in: Hogwarts Legacy & Harry Potter: Magic Awakened & Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells & Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery.
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really existed), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
A black cat is a type of cat, commonly recognised by of its black fur. It is not a particular breed of cat and may be mixed or of a specific breed. Some believed black cats were evil and brought bad luck.
Behind the scenes
- Black cats are popularly associated with folklore; for instance, in Great Britain and in Ireland, black cats are a symbol of good luck. However in both Slavic and Italian folklore it is believed that black cats cause bad luck when one sees it pass across one's way. They are also popularly known for their association with witchcraft.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Indirectly mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
- Pottermore (First appearance)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- The Making of Harry Potter (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Appears as a Patronus)
- Hogwarts Legacy