At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Professor Umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her own wand, which was an unusually short one, and tapped the blackboard sharply with it; words appeared on the board at once"
Behind the scenes
- In the Order of the Phoenix film, Umbridge brandished her wand from across the room to cause chalk-like writing to appear on the board as if an invisible chalk was writing on it. The sound of chalk writing could even be heard while the words appeared.
- This spell seems to variate according to its caster's ability, as Severus only needed a single flick of his wand while Dolores tapped the blackboard sharply.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Blackboard Writing Spell)
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 12 (Professor Umbridge)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Quidditch, Season 1, Chapter 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 21 (Moving Forward) - Charms Lesson "Blackboard Writing Spell"