At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
At the start of the 1995–1996 school year at Hogwarts, Severus Snape and Dolores Umbridge both used this charm in their first lessons with fifth year students to write instructions on their blackboards.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Umbridge brandished her wand from across the room to cause chalk-like writing to appear on the board as if an invisible chalk was writing on it. The sound of chalk writing could even be heard while the words appeared.
- This spell seems to variate according to its caster's ability, as Severus only needed a single flick of his wand while Dolores tapped the blackboard sharply.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Blackboard Writing Spell)
Notes and references