At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Professor Umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her own wand, which was an unusually short one, and tapped the blackboard sharply with it; words appeared on the board at once"
Behind the scenes
- In the Order of the Phoenix film, Umbridge brandished her wand from across the room to cause chalk-like writing to appear on the board as if an invisible chalk was writing on it. The sound of chalk writing could even be heard while the words appeared.
- This spell seems to variate according to its caster's ability, as Severus only needed a single flick of his wand while Dolores tapped the blackboard sharply.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Blackboard Writing Spell)
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.