At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
|"I show not your face but your heart's desire."|
- "Professor Umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her own wand, which was an unusually short one, and tapped the blackboard sharply with it; words appeared on the board at once"
The Blackboard Writing Spell (incantation unknown) is a spell used to cause words to appear on a blackboard.
Behind the scenes
- In the Order of the Phoenix film, Umbridge brandished her wand from across the room to cause chalk-like writing to appear on the board as if an invisible chalk was writing on it. The sound of chalk writing could even be heard while the words appeared.
- It is possible that this is the Locomotion Charm.
- This spell seems to variate according to its caster's ability, as Severus only needed a single flick of his wand while Dolores tapped the blackboard sharply.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First identified as Blackboard Writing Spell)