Bloomsbury is the publisher of the Harry Potter series in British English, and was the first publisher out of eleven other publishers to accept J. K. Rowling's books in 1997. They are also the publisher of the series in Australian and formerly Canadian English, along with Ancient Greek, Irish, Latin and Welsh. The Australian books are distributed by Allen & Unwin and the Canadian ones by Raincoast Books until 2010.
Bloomsbury maintains an official website for the Harry Potter series.
- Barry Cunningham (–2000; founder and publisher of the Bloomsbury Children's Books imprint)
- Richard Horne (1999–2002; designing team member)
- Stephen Fry (audiobook narrator)
- Cover artists
- Thomas Taylor (the original Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone)
- Cliff Wright (the original Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
- Giles Greenfield (the original Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
- Jason Cockcroft (the original Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
- Clare Melinsky (Signature Edition)
- Andrew Davidson (redesigned adult edition)
- Jonny Duddle (redesigned children's edition and the 2017 updated Hogwarts Library collection)
- Levi Pinfold (House Edition; additionally did interior art)
- Tomislav Tomić (interior art illustrator for the 2017 updated Hogwarts Library collection)
Harry Potter in Bloomsbury
- See also: Harry Potter Competition: Celebrating 15 Years of Harry Potter Magic (Bloomsbury Publishing)
Harry Potter remains a popular title within Bloomsbury, in return, they've published several editions in various formats, catering readers from different demographic. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, in particular, exclusively received covers to celebrate occasions such as its 15th and 21st birthdays.
The first adult edition published by Bloomsbury only consisted the first four titles, with covers below:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Hogwarts Express
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Flying Ford Anglia
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: A hippogriff
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: A dragon
Bloomsbury has since then published two completed adult edition sets containing all seven books.
Notes and references
- Harry Potter | Other Languages | Harry Potter books and resources - Bloomsbury
- Philip W. Errington (26 February 2015). J.K. Rowling: A Bibliography 1997-2013. Bloomsbury Publishing. pp.3–. ISBN 978-1-84966-976-4.
- "That magical day when Barry met Harry". The Scotsman.
- Gerard P. Hodgkinson; William H. Starbuck (2008). The Oxford Handbook of Organizational Decision Making. Oxford Handbooks Online. pp. 92–. ISBN 978-0-19-929046-8.
- Karlin Sloan (12 June 2006). Smarter, Faster, Better: Strategies for Effective, Enduring, and Fulfilled Leadership. John Wiley & Sons. pp. 216–. ISBN 978-0-7879-8587-5.
- OTHER PEOPLE'S BOOKS | H A R R Y P O T T E R | el horno design & illustration - Richard Horne's official website