- Bob: "All right, Arthur?"
- Arthur Weasley: "What've you got there, Bob?"
- Bob: "We're not sure. We thought it was a bog-standard chicken until it started breathing fire. Looks like a serious breach of the Ban on Experimental Breeding to me."
- — Bob meeting Arthur Weasley in the morning of 12 August, 1995[src]
Bob was a British wizard who worked for the British Ministry of Magic, under the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. He was described as big and bearded.
Arthur Weasley and Harry Potter ran into Bob while waiting for a lift in the Ministry lobby on the 12 August 1995, the day of Harry's disciplinary hearing. He was carrying a large cardboard box that contained a Fire-breathing chicken that he strongly suspected was a serious violation of the Ban on Experimental Breeding. When the lift arrived, he got on with Arthur and Harry, and exited at the floor of the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, the department in which he worked for.
Magical abilities and skills
- Magizoology: As an employee for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures under the British Ministry of Magic, Bob would have been knowledgeable and experienced in the study of magical creatures, such as with the handling and classification of them. He was able to quickly detect that a Fire-breathing chicken was a wizard-bred creature, showing his knowledge in this field.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Bob is played by Nicholas Blane.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, he appears as a generic wizard wearing red robes/cape and black pointed hat.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Notes and references