|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Quirinus Quirrell: "P-P-Potter. C-can't t-tell you how p-pleased I am to meet you."
- Harry Potter: "What sort of magic do you teach, Professor Quirrell?"
- Quirinus Quirrell: "D-Defence Against the D-D-Dark Arts. N-not that you n-need it, eh, P-P-Potter? You'll be g-getting all your equipment, I suppose? I've g-got to p-pick up a new b-book on vampires, m-myself."
- — Quirinus Quirrell to Harry Potter.[src]
A book on vampires was published at some point before July, 1991. Quirinus Quirrell told Harry Potter and Rubeus Hagrid that he was going to Diagon Alley in order to buy a copy of this book, when in reality he wished to break into Gringotts Wizarding Bank to steal the Philosopher's Stone.
Behind the scenes
- The existence of this book is debatable, as it is possible that Quirrell simply fabricated it rather than referring to an already existing publication.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)