At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
The movement for this spell was to move one's wand in a circle in the air, with the spell producing a pink light upon casting. The flowers conjured by this spell were usually pink in colour as well.
|Minerva McGonagall and Jacob's sibling||1987–1988 school year||While teaching fourth-years in Transfiguration class, Professor McGonagall demonstrated the successful casting of this spell which Jacob's sibling duplicated.|
|Garrick Ollivander||November 1994||Ollivander used this spell in 1994 when he tested Fleur Delacour's wand at the Wand weighing ceremony before the Triwizard Tournament. The spell probably conjured orchids or some flowers, which Ollivander gave to Fleur after conjuring them.|
From the Latin "Orchideae", the name for the orchid plant family.
Behind the scenes
- In the Goblet of Fire video game adaptation, Orchideous instead is depicted as a jinx which is used to transform enemy creatures, like Dugbogs and Vampyr Mosps into a burst of purple flowers. However, this depiction can be in no way considered canon, since Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire depicts the spell as instead conjuring flowers from the wand tip, a depiction which is the same in other video games and on Pottermore/Wizarding World.
- Tom Riddle once "produced a bunch of roses from nowhere" for Hepzibah Smith, which was either sleight of hand or possibly this spell (or a similar one) cast nonverbally.
- This spell, or a variation of it, may have been used on 24 December, 1997 by Hermione Granger to conjure a wreath of Christmas roses nonverbally for Harry Potter to place on the graves of James Potter and Lily Evans.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game) (Non-canonical appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Possible appearance)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only) (First identified as Bouquet Spell)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: Spells
- Wonderbook: Book of Potions
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 18 (The Weighing of the Wands)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, Chapter 10 (Seeing Red) - Transfiguration Lesson "Orchideous"
- Wizarding World - A handy guide to the lesser known spells in the wizarding world
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 20 (Lord Voldemort's Request)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 16 (Godric's Hollow)