Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Being a professional Metal charmer, Bowman was highly gifted and skilful with charm-work, as he was the inventor of the famous Golden Snitch, a magical flying object used in Quidditch, casting the necessary charms needed to both craft and enchant the Snitch, which continued to last long after his death, showing his superb proficiency in this field of magic.
The English "wright" is a word referring to a skilled craftsman.
Behind the scenes
- The dates given for Bowman's birth and death on his Famous Wizard Card (1492-1560) do not agree with the timeframe laid down in Quidditch Through the Ages, which would indicate that he was alive towards the end of the 1300s.
- Bowman shares the same last name as Bonnie Wright, who portrays Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter films. Incidentally, Bonnie Wright's parents, Gary Wright and Sheila Teague, are both jewellers.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.