At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Bowman Wright (1492-1560) was a skilled metal charmer who lived in Godric's Hollow sometime during the Middle Ages. Born to a witch mother and a Muggle father, he invented the Golden Snitch as a replacement for the endangered Golden Snidget, combining his interest in science, magic, and sports.
The English "wright" is a word referring to a skilled craftsman.
Behind the scenes
- The dates given for Bowman's birth and death on his Famous Wizard Card (1492-1560) do not agree with the timeframe laid down in Quidditch Through the Ages, which would indicate that he was alive towards the end of the 1300s.
- Bowman shares the same last name as Bonnie Wright, who portrays Ginny Weasley in the Harry Potter films. Incidentally, Bonnie Wright's parents, Gary Wright and Sheila Teague, are both jewellers.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site
- Pottermore (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)