- "As Harry got to his feet, he felt strangely lopsided. Taking a deep breath he looked down at his right side. What he saw nearly made him pass out again. Poking out of the end of his robes was what looked like a thick, fleshcoloured rubber glove. He tried to move his fingers. Nothing happened. Lockhart hadn't mended Harry's bones. He had removed them."
- —Description of this spell's effects[src]
If the spell is executed improperly, as was done by Gilderoy Lockhart in November of 1992, the targeted bones will be vanished rather than fixed. If such an incident occurs, Skele-Gro can be used to re-grow said bones.
Behind the scenes
- In certain translations of the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets, Ossio Dispersimus is used instead.
- This may be quite a difficult, and therefore advanced healing spell, as Remus Lupin stated to Ron Weasley that he would probably be not as nearly successfull in healing broken bones as Madam Poppy Pomfrey.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First identified as Brackium Emendo)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault