- "As Harry got to his feet, he felt strangely lopsided. Taking a deep breath he looked down at his right side. What he saw nearly made him pass out again. Poking out of the end of his robes was what looked like a thick, fleshcoloured rubber glove. He tried to move his fingers. Nothing happened. Lockhart hadn't mended Harry's bones. He had removed them."
- —Description of this spell's effects[src]
If the spell is executed improperly, as was done by Gilderoy Lockhart in November of 1992, the targeted bones will be vanished rather than repaired. If such an incident occurs, the potion Skele-Gro can be used to re-grow said bones.
Behind the scenes
- In certain translations of the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets, Ossio Dispersimus is used instead.
- This may be quite a difficult, and therefore advanced healing spell, as Remus Lupin stated to Ron Weasley that he would probably be not as nearly successfull in healing broken bones as Madam Poppy Pomfrey.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First identified as Brackium Emendo)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.