At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "As Harry got to his feet, he felt strangely lopsided. Taking a deep breath he looked down at his right side. What he saw nearly made him pass out again. Poking out of the end of his robes was what looked like a thick, fleshcoloured rubber glove. He tried to move his fingers. Nothing happened. Lockhart hadn't mended Harry's bones. He had removed them."
- — Description of this spell's effects[src]
Brackium Emendo was the incantation of a healing spell that could be used to mend broken bones. It was unknown if this particular spell was a legitimate healing spell or just a variation of one.
- "Lie back, Harry. It’s a simple charm I’ve used countless times —"
- — Lockhart preparing to use this charm on Harry Potter[src]
If the spell was executed improperly, as was done by Gilderoy Lockhart in November of 1992, the targeted bones would be vanished rather than repaired. If such an incident occurred, the potion Skele-Gro could be used to re-grow said bones.
Behind the scenes
- In certain translations of the GBC version of Chamber of Secrets, Ossio Dispersimus is used instead.
- This may be quite a difficult, and therefore advanced healing spell, as Remus Lupin stated to Ron Weasley that he would probably be not as nearly successfull in healing broken bones as Madam Poppy Pomfrey.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (First identified as Brackium Emendo)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (PS1 version, cutscene only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- See this image
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 10 (The Rogue Bludger)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) - Chapter 15 (The Rogue Bludger)
- See this translation
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version)