- "The Firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable Braking Charm. Price upon request."
- — Features of the Firebolt broomstick[src]
The Braking Charm was a charm that was placed on broomsticks to help them stop faster. The Firebolt had an "unbreakable Braking Charm" placed on it. It may have also been, or related to the Slowing Charm, given that they both slowed or stopped the momentum of the target.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)