- "The Firebolt has an acceleration of 150 miles an hour in ten seconds and incorporates an unbreakable Braking Charm. Price upon request."
- — Features of the Firebolt broomstick[src]
The Braking Charm is a charm used on broomsticks to help them stop faster. The Firebolt has an "unbreakable Braking Charm" on it. It may also be, or related to the Slowing Charm, given that they both slow or stop the momentum of the target.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.