At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in: Harry Potter: Magic Awakened & Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells & Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- "More tales from adventurer Gilderoy Lockhart."
- — Description[src]
Break with a Banshee was a book written by Gilderoy Lockhart, part of his collected works. The book was apparently about Lockhart's feat of banishing the Bandon Banshee, which was later revealed to have been the accomplishment of a witch with a hairy chin; Lockhart merely stole the credit for the deed through his Memory Charms.
The book was a required textbook during the 1992–1993 school year, one of seven along with Gadding with Ghouls, Holidays with Hags, Travels with Trolls, Voyages with Vampires, Wanderings with Werewolves and Year with the Yeti.
Behind the scenes
- On the second-year school supplies list on Pottermore, the title of this book is given as Breaking with a Banshee. All other mentions of this book in the website list it as Break with a Banshee, however, suggesting that this is a typo.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Disc 2) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Magic Awakened (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)