|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "His broom gave a sudden, frightening lurch. For a split second, he thought he was going to fall. He gripped the broom tightly with both hands and knees. He'd never felt anything like that. It happened again. It was as though the broom was trying to buck him off."
Constant eye contact was required for this spell to be successful; if broken, the spell ceased to work. It was likely an extremely powerful Dark spell, as Rubeus Hagrid stated that nothing but that could interfere with a broomstick, particularly a Nimbus 2000, except powerful dark magic.
Behind the scenes
- Despite being referred to as a jinx, it is possible this spell is the Hurling Hex mentioned in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Both spells can be used on broomsticks, and they both make them attempt to "hurl" off the rider.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game