- Harry Potter: "Er — where exactly are we?"
- Albus Dumbledore: "This, Harry, is the charming village of Budleigh Babberton."
- — Albus Dumbledore introducing the village to Harry Potter[src]
Budleigh Babberton was a Muggle village somewhere situated in England, where Horace Slughorn resided at when he met Albus Dumbledore and Harry Potter in August 1996. It was said that the village was charming, and that it had a church and few houses.
Behind the scenes
- It could be based on the village of East Budleigh, up the river from Budleigh Salterton, and a far better candidate for the location, as it is not on the sea, it's inland.
- Baberton is the name of a suburb in Edinburgh.
- In the the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the scenes that were set in Budleigh Babberton were filmed in Lacock, Wiltshire.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault