|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Bulgaria is a country in Southeastern Europe. Its capital city is Sofia. It borders five countries: Romania, Serbia, Macedonia, Greece, and Turkey. The Black Sea defines the extent of the country to the east.
It's unknown if there was any wizarding school in Bulgaria. Some Bulgarian witches and wizards attended Durmstrang Institute and taught there, including the school's founder, Nerida Vulchanova, and famous Quidditch player Viktor Krum.
Games and sports
- Bulgaria had a national Quidditch team, the home stadium of which was the Bulgarian National Quidditch Stadium.
- The Vratsa Vultures was a popular Quidditch team from this country. This team was known as the pioneers of the long goal (scoring from outside the scoring area), and won the European Cup seven times.
Native to Bulgaria
The following creatures were found in certain regions of Europe that Bulgaria falls under:
The following creatures were all found worldwide:
- Alexei Levski
- Clara Ivanova
- Grandfather Krum
- Ivan Volkov
- Lev Zograf
- Mr Krum
- Mrs Krum
- Nerida Vulchanova
- Pyotr Vulchanov
- Vasily Dimitrov
- Viktor Krum
- Viktor Krum's partner
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault (Mentioned only)