|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Yuck! You have found an overcooked cabbage-flavoured bean."
- —A Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean[src]
Cabbage is a leafy green or purple biennial plant that is grown as a vegetable crop for its dense-leaved heads.
Gertie Keddle, a witch who lived on the edge of Queerditch Marsh in the 11th century, kept a cabbage patch. When a big, leather ball from a broom game being played on the marsh landed in her cabbages, she hexed the man who came to retrieve it.
The house of Arabella Figg was described as smelling of cabbage throughout in 1991. An apothecary in Diagon Alley was described as smelling of a "mixture of bad eggs and cabbage" that same year.
In 1992, Flesh-Eating Slugs were ruining the cabbages in Hagrid's garden, leading him to seek a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent in Knockturn Alley. Later that year, when Harry Potter drank his Polyjuice Potion to take on the appearance of Gregory Goyle, it tasted to him like "overcooked cabbage."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Pottermore (as a Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean with the flavour of overcooked cabbage)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- ↑ "Cabbage" on Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 16 (In The Hog's Head)
- ↑ Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 23 (Mischief Masterpiece) - Herbology Lesson "Chinese Chomping Cabbage"
- ↑ LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Quidditch Through the Ages, Chapter 3 (The Game from Queerditch Marsh)
- ↑ J. K. Rowling on Twitter: "Untrue, I'm afraid! Quidditch was invented in Manchester."
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 2 (The Vanishing Glass)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 4 (At Flourish and Blotts)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 12 (The Polyjuice Potion)
- ↑ Pottermore