A Calamity Investigator was an agent of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force set up in cooperation of the International Confederation of Wizards and the British Ministry of Magic in response to The Calamity during the late 2010s and early 2020s.
Tasked with investigating and containing outbreaks of magic from being noticed by the Muggle world and led by Junior Undersecretary Constance Pickering, the Statute of Secrecy Task Force commissioned a number of witches and wizards to join their ranks, most of whom was already pursuing careers as Aurors, Magizoologists and Professors at the time they signed up. Calamity Investigators relied heavily on intelligence and other information they received from the Calamity Management Team, and used a wide variety of tools to assist them in their duties, such as repurposed Dark Detectors, the Calamity Incident Map and Portkey Portmanteaus.
At the British Ministry of Magic, they also had a Research Depository. Counting in their ranks Ministry personnel and volunteering civilians alike, most of its agents worked out of the British Ministry of Magic in London, which became the headquarter of the Calamity World Centre following said outbreak. By 13 July, 2020, its operatives could be found throughout the world, travelling extensively and cooperating with various wizarding governing bodies around the globe, including the Brazilian Ministry of Magic and French Ministry of Magic, in order to keep the threats to magical secrecy in check.
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- This is the date when the Calamity Essentials was first released and announced on the Wizards Unite homepage, and seen as how the game is taking place in real time, from this date, the Calamity Essentials would have been accessible to the character we play from an in-universe perspective from that day forward as well.
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Camality Essentials I: NIGHTMARE BY THE BEACH)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Brilliant Event: Triwizarding Secrets)