- "Caradoc Dearborn, disappeared six months after the photograph, we didn't ever find his body..."
- —Caradoc's disappearance[src]
Caradoc Dearborn was a British wizard and member of the original Order of the Phoenix. He fought in the First Wizarding War and was presumably murdered by Death Eaters before the end of the war. His body was never found.
During the First Wizarding War, Caradoc became a member of the Order of the Phoenix, an organisation led and founded by Albus Dumbledore, in order to oppose the Dark Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
During the height of the conflict, Caradoc vanished and was never heard from afterwards. According to Alastor Moody, he disappeared six months after the photograph of the original Order was taken. His body was never found and he was presumed dead.
Magical abilities and skills
- Magical skills: To be a member of the Order of the Phoenix, it is highly likely that Caradoc was a talented wizard and most likely used his magical ability in a number of battles against the Death Eaters before his untimely death.
Caradoc, sometimes known as Caradog, was one of the Knights of the Round Table in Arthurian legend. He was also a semi-legendary ancestor of the mediaeval kings of the Welsh Kingdom of Gwent. Caractacus is the Latinized form of Caradoc.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Possible appearance in Order of the Phoenix photograph)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (First appearance)
Notes and references