- "Carlotta Pinkstone (1922—present): Famous campaigner for lifting the International Confederation of Wizards' Statute of Secrecy and telling Muggles that wizards still exist. Ms. Pinkstone has been imprisoned several times for her blatant and deliberate use of magic in public places."
- — Chocolate Frog Card[src]
Carlotta Pinkstone was born in 1922, somewhere in the British Isles. If she enrolled at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she attended the school in around 1933 to 1940, under Headmaster Armando Dippet.
- "STOP SPELL SUPPRESSION!"
- — One of Carlotta's activism signs[src]
It was Ms. Pinkstone's belief that the annulment of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy (established by the International Confederation of Wizards in 1692) and consequent mixing of the wizarding and Muggle societies was opportune and convenient in the 20th century. As such, she became a vigorous activist for that cause, and deliberately and unlawfully used magic indiscriminately in public places, in full sight of Muggles, which led to a series of convictions and imprisonments in Azkaban.
Magical abilities and skills
- Wandless magic: Carlotta Pinkstone was a powerful and accomplished witch, who was fully capable of casting spells wandlessly, which is incredibly difficult and advanced magic.
Behind the scenes
- Carlotta Pinkstone was Wizard of the Month on J. K. Rowling's official site, in which she is shown with black hair despite having previously been pictured with red hair in all of her video game appearances.
- Her name may be a reference to the famous British feminist Emmeline Pankhurst, who was known for her radical public activism with regards to women's rights.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (First appearance) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- J. K. Rowling's official site
Notes and references