No evidence for him being a lord...
He isn't a Lord, unfortunately he is a fraud. He claims it is a courtesy title "Lord of Kensington" from the Earldom of Norbury by claiming a relationship to Richard James Graham-Toler who is the present Earl of Norbury... All very convincing you might imagine..
Until you do a little research. Here unfortunately he has made a slip. The Earldom of Norbury is part of the peerage of Ireland, and Kensington is in England, thus it is a title in the Peerage of England. He is not listed as a legitimate heir to any title, or a holder of any title by either the peerage of England, Scotland or Ireland. In short, complete fake, although I suspect he may have changed his first name to "Lord" to keep up the charade.
Lastly, he claims to being a "Lord" but is very unspecific about his particular title (Lord is not a title in itself, but a mode of address, so he would have to be of at least the Rank of Baron to call himself Lord).
- I am a History Student with the ability to browse almost all academic journals/publications regarding the peerage of various countries. There is not one mention of this man that I can find in any academic source linking him to any title of nobility. Atredies 13:04, March 15, 2011 (UTC)
"The Department of Nomenclature"
The "Department of Nomenclature" is not a part of the British Government or the British Heraldic Institution, titles and arms are conferred in the United Kingdom by the "Court of Chivalry". The Department of Nomenclature is a "Title Mill" associated with the http://www.lord-of-the-manor-titles.co.uk/lomt%20design%202.htm Title mill website. Please note that through this website you can buy your titles for £159, or even cheaper through Ebay. Do you really think that a legitimate title can simply be purchased for less than two hundred pounds?
Of course not, this is a nonsense as before by someone who is masquerading as something they are not. I can go and buy a convincing looking certificate saying I am the president of the US or Emperor of China, but it does not matter unless such a title is not recognised by legitimate authority. Mr Castrianni's title is recognised by no legitimate heraldic authority, he is a fraud and the talk pages refering to him should be re-instated and I removed the Lord reference on the Article. He is listed in no list of peers or burke's annual... odd that?
If we want this to be a wiki with high standards we cannot permit people to post fantasy titles on it in order to self-aggrandise, or else this false claim is only given greater weight by this article. He is obviously a hard working actor, who is simply trying to get ahead of other candidates for jobs with his fake "lordship" but I dont think this is a reason that it should be taken as fact.
If we want it mentioned why not state that "John Paul Castrianni purchased an unrecognised title from X website in 2007" if this is the case, rather than state he is a lord with no actual legal title. Pretending to the nobility is a crime in the United Kingdom.. Atredies 08:25, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
This is not a legitimate grant of a title...
Do you really think the United Kingdom, which has been granting arms for hundreds of years simply gives you a printout? This is a cheap piece of Tittle mill nonsense. Real letters patent are printed on Vellum, and look like this http://parishes.lincolnshire.gov.uk/images/Parish/2/vellum_letters_patent_nov_07123.jpg
Now we have definitive proof the title is false, can we finally put this to bed? I feel this nonsense debate about the vanity of a mere extra is not worth any more time. Atredies 08:44, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
Furthermore, a certificate confirming one's Lordship would be considerably more elaborate than the one recently uploaded. It would be printed on unique signiture paper, and contain all manner of watermarks and holographic signitures, just like money. This guy is an attention seeking liar. I doubt he was even in the film, as there is no legitimate source for it, other than his Casting Call profile, which he himself can edit.
He is also contradicting himself. He originally claimed his title was a courtesy from the Earldom of Norbury, now it transpires he bought it online. The guy's an obsessive liar just delete the article.
He can also be chalked up as a Vandal of Wikipedia..
From his IP (before he had the account) we can see that he has repeatedly attempted to vandalise the wikipedia page regarding his "Title" and the "fact" that he was in the Harry Potter films...
It should be noted that he had used these vandalised pages to verify his "Lordship" to Nick O'Demus here: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Nick_O%27Demus#links_regarding_offensive_material.
"not sure if this helps but here are several links that do have me being stated as Lord Johnpaul Castrianni
220.127.116.11 - The Same IP as is recorded repeatedly adding his "Lordship" to the Harry Potter Wiki Article.
Another instance of him "Editing" his past using the internet. This raises the point of what Stephen Colbert calls wikiality, that if something is on a wiki it is true.. I worry that he uses websites like ours to lie on and so create a false resume/life to live and aid him in getting further jobs. Atredies 18:04, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- You do have a point. He seems to have been repeatedly adding information bolstering himself, while presenting no source whatsoever. It comes to mind, by the way, if there any source stating he is, indeed, working at Universal Studios. I, for one, have never heard about that before. -- 21:35, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Here's my two-cents (I'm copying and pasting it from Atredies talk page, cause I'm lazy) In his interview with Snitch Seeker he claimed to have filmed his scenes on top of the Astronomy Tower with Michael Gambon and Dan Radcliffe. However, anyone who has seen the film will know that he wasn't there. After the release of Half-BloodPrince he claimed his scenes were "cut from the final edit", but this makes no sense. Why would the filmakers decide to re-shoot an entire scene without one particular actor? Especially one playing a major character like Yaxley! I think in retrospect he relised it was a bit ambitious to claim to have played Yaxley. Especially after a talented actor like Peter Mullen was cast to portray the character in the next installment. I guess when Deathly Hallow rolled around he figured he'd be safe claiming to play an anonymous Death Eater. he probably imagined the film would be filled with maked Death Eaters, and he could get away with claiming to be one of them. However, the only scene to feature masked Death Eaters was the battle of Little Whinging, and the Death Eaters were all created digitally, and were added in post-production. And he definately wasn't at Malfoy Mannor, because I've watched the scene a dozen times, and, incredibly, he's not there. Jayden Matthews Jayden Matthews 21:48, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- And now we're going somewhere with this, the IP that's been adding his "Lordship" to Wikipedia for some time now (I'm assuming, of course, that's Castrianni) tries to blank this article. Definitely seems like someone trying to stifle the debate. -- 22:08, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
- This all raises a bigger issue then, because I can't even begin to guess at the number of actor articles and stubs on this wiki based solely off of Casting Call profiles, IMDb, or actors' personal web-pages. - Nick O'Demus 22:28, May 10, 2011 (UTC)
I apologise if people seem to know more about my life than me and then feel offended when I try to remove any information I believe is wrong or offensive to me. I have done nothing wrong or offensive to anyone on here and yet I am being inundated with offensive comments regarding myself and anything to do with my past.
Yes I have added things on here that I genuinely believe to be true, I been honest and forthright with everyone and have enjoyed my contributions to further the knowledge of potter and my role I was able to portray in several of the movies. I apologise if extras are not credited in the movies nor if you can find any information regarding my title. I have never come on here bullish and overbrearing telling anyone about that and Yes I do have said title Lord of the manor of Kensington and was to my best knowledge legally entitled to said title and to use it as fitting. If I was mistaken then I point my finger at the place my title was obtained and consider myself stupid to believe otherwise.
All i ask is people please so trying to be spiteful or hurtful and please just delete the page about Johnpaul castrianni or just stop trying to add offensive comments.
pleaseLord.j.castrianni 23:30, May 10, 2011 (UTC)