At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "Today we'll go over a particularly sneaky creature: Chameleon Ghouls! There is nothing worse than an inconspicuous object turning into a ghoul when you least expect it. Which is why I'll show you how to handle these masters of disguise. Let's get started! I'd like to introduce you to a Chameleon Ghoul... And to show you how to defend yourself!"
- — Bill Weasley teaching seventh year students about these ghouls in Defence Against the Dark Arts[src]
During the 1990–1991 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, seventh year students were taught about Chameleon Ghouls in extra curricular Defence Against the Dark Arts evening classes by Bill Weasley. In this class, he showed his students one of these ghouls disguised as a Mechanical Death Eater.
During her second year at Hogwarts in 1992, Hermione Granger read about Chameleon Ghouls and brought them up when she, Harry Potter, and Ron Weasley were discussing how the monster from the Chamber of Secrets had managed to remain undetected for so long.
Behind the scenes
- The Chameleon Ghoul makes its appearance in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 as a common enemy in the game. They are almost always disguised as statues. They are also on occasion books that fly and try to attack by biting. They come into action when the player comes nearby.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First mentioned)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (First appearance) (DS/PSP versions)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references