|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Charing Cross Road is a street in London, England. Although it is a Muggle area, the Leaky Cauldron is located on this street, and thus wizards and witches can access Diagon Alley by passing through the inn. It is relatively close to the Muggle street Tottenham Court Road. Blockbuster was amongst the shops that could be found on this road as well as Charing Cross Books and Circle.
In 1993, Harry Potter travelled to the Leaky Cauldron on the Knight Bus and met Cornelius Fudge. The final night before the school year, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger also stayed there, along with most of the Weasley family, who had come home from Egypt.
In 1996, Harry, Hermione, Ron and the Weasleys, under escort by Rubeus Hagrid, passed through the Leaky Cauldron on their way to Diagon Alley. Harry noticed the pub was completely empty except for the landlord Tom. Also Death Eaters flew through London to kidnap Garrick Ollivander for Voldemort.
In 1998, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Griphook Apparated to Charing Cross Road and quickly entered the Leaky Cauldron on their way to Gringotts. The Muggles on the street were noted to be "quite unconscious of the little inn's existence."
Behind the scenes
- Cormoran Strike, the protagonist of J. K. Rowling's The Cuckoo's Calling and The Silkworm, has his office and, in the latter novel, his flat on Charing Cross Road.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7