|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor.
Mr Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime-ball."
- —An example of this charm's effect[src]
It caused the map to, if attempted to be used by their nemesis Severus Snape, display a series of insulting messages from each Marauder rather than its normal contents. The spell appears to activate upon Snape stating his name for the map to hear while attempting to read it.
During the 1993–1994 school year, Snape, who had unknowingly confiscated the Marauder's Map from Harry Potter during an investigation into his suspected illicit forays into Hogsmeade, activated this charm while attempting to determine the parchment's significance. The resulting insults caused him to consult Remus Lupin (ironically one of the map's creators) on the matter.
- In the Film Version the code is: Reveal your Secrets.
- Harry reads "Messers, Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape and request he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
- Snape said "Why you insolent little...." Until Lupin shows up.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)