At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor.
Mr Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slime-ball."
- — An example of this charm's effect[src]
It caused the map to, if attempted to be used by their nemesis Severus Snape, display a series of insulting messages from each Marauder, rather than its normal contents. The spell appeared to activate upon Snape stating his name for the map to hear while attempting to read it.
During the 1993–1994 school year, Snape, who had unknowingly confiscated the Marauder's Map from Harry Potter during an investigation into his suspected illicit forays into Hogsmeade, activated this charm while attempting to determine the parchment's significance. The resulting insults caused him to consult Remus Lupin (ironically one of the map's creators) on the matter.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the code is: Reveal your Secrets.
- Harry reads "Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs offer their compliments to Professor Snape, and request he keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.", followed by Snape about to insult Harry until Lupin shows up.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Wizarding World
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Indirectly mentioned only)