Guarding the Shrieking Shack
Charmed Skeletons guarded the tunnel from the Whomping Willow to the Shrieking Shack. In 1994, when Harry Potter and Hermione Granger entered the tunnel to save Ron Weasley from Sirius Black, these skeletons attacked them. Harry and Hermione needed to work together to defeat the skeletons, as they only lost an arm if Harry or Hermione attacked them alone.
Duel in Little Hangleton
After his resurrection in 1995, Lord Voldemort made some Charmed Skeletons from bones in the Little Hangleton graveyard, and had them attack Harry Potter. Harry used simple bombarding jinxes to defeat them.
Behind the scenes
- They appear in certain levels of LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 They appear as a pile of bones. When you use the Levitation Charm to assemble their bones together, they form a skeleton wearing a top hat, who will start to tap-dance. When this happens the game plays a piece of music. They will not attack the player and can be broken again with the casting of any spell, and can be rebuilt again.
- In theory, Charmed Skeletons do not differ from Inferi, with the only visible difference being that skeletons have further decayed than the corpses Inferi are made of. It is possible that the charmed skeletons were actually Inferi, mistaken for a different creature because of the differing appearance.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7