The Charms corridor was a passage located on the third-floor of Hogwarts Castle, allowing access to Classroom 2E, a second classroom, and the third-floor corridor. Behind a tapestry was a secret passageway leading in the direction of the Armoury and Trophy Room. There was a picture of drunk monks near the corridor.
When Dolores Umbridge became High Inquisitor, Minerva McGonagall, Filius Flitwick and Pomona Sprout met in the corridor to talk, as doing so in the staffroom was unsafe. Harry later found Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington in the corridor and asked him about death.
Behind the scenes
- The Charms corridor does not appear in the films, and events occurring there are moved to other locations or removed entirely.
- In the video games, Classroom 2E is located on the second-floor.
- In the PS1 video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, this corridor houses Classroom 2E, the Middle Courtyard (where Flying is taught in the game) and the Library.
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the Fat Friar passes through this corridor the first time Harry visits.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS1 version)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 9 (The Midnight Duel)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 17 (A Sluggish Memory) - Hermione Granger: She and her friend Violet drank their way through all the wine in that picture of drunk monks down by the Charms corridor.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 20 (The First Task) - "He followed Cedric at a distance and saw that he was heading toward the Charms corridor."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 25 (The Beetle at Bay) - "They obviously can’t talk freely in the staffroom anymore,' said Hermione in a low voice, as she, Harry, and Ron passed Professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout huddled together outside the Charms classroom one day. 'Not with Umbridge there."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 28 (Snape's Worst Memory)"They were all, clearly, in the Great Hall. Outside his Charms classroom he came to a halt, panting and thinking disconsolately that he would have to wait until later, until after the end of the feast..."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) - PS1 version