At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "The Cheering Charms had left them with a feeling of great contentment."
- —Description of the charm[src]
During the 1988–1989 school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Professor Filius Flitwick taught his fifth-years how to cast this particular charm in Charms class, in preparation for their upcoming Ordinary Wizarding Levels that year.
Professor Flitwick taught Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and the rest of his Charms class this charm in Harry's third year. Hermione Granger missed it due to distractions by Draco Malfoy's bullying. This distressed her greatly, as she suspected Professor Flitwick might test them on the charm in their end-of-year exams. Later that year, the third year students were indeed tested on the Cheering Charm during their exams. Harry very much overdid his and Ron (his partner) had to be led away to a quiet room.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned on book spine)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Wizarding World (Mentioned only)
- J. K. Rowling's official site (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Chapter 15 (The Quidditch Final)
- J. K. Rowling's official site
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 31 (O.W.L.s)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 1 (Year Five Begins) - Charms Lesson "Cheering Charm"
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Chapter 16 (Professor Trelawney's Prediction)