Cherry is very rare wand wood that makes for a wand of strange power, most highly prized by the wizarding students of the school of Mahoutokoro in Japan, where cherry wand owners enjoy special prestige.
The Western wand-purchaser should dispel from their minds any notion that the pink blossom of the living tree makes for a frivolous or merely ornamental wand, for cherry wood often makes a wand that possesses truly lethal power, whatever the core — though if paired with dragon heartstring, the wand ought never to be teamed with a wizard without exceptional self-control and strength of mind.
Cherry wand owners
Behind the scenes
- In Japan, 花見 (Hanami) is a traditional practise of picnicking under a 桜 (sakura) (Japanese cherry) tree, hence a possible reason why a wand of cherry would be valued by Japanese wizards.
- Additionally, the cherry-blossom is the national flower of Japan, and has cultural significance and association with the country.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- Blackthorn (A species that also lies—like Cherry—within the Prunus genus)
- Cherry (fruit)
- Cherry syrup