At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
In 1984, Chiara began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was sorted into Hufflepuff where she may have shared a dorm with Penny Haywood and Nymphadora Tonks. At some point during her time at Hogwarts, as she was leaving the Forbidden Forest, Borf, a cub from the Forbidden Forest wolf pack, followed her. The cub continued living in the Forbidden Forest but occasionally visited her.
During a Hallowe'en Feast, she was attacked by Fenrir Greyback and two werewolves. The following day, she met up with Jacob's sibling and Cecil Lee to look for werewolves. Later, at nighttime, Chiara and Rubeus Hagrid showed Borf to Jacob's sibling and Cecil. Shortly afterwards, Chiara told Jacob's sibling that she was a werewolf, a secret she had not told anyone at Hogwarts before.
In the 1988–1989 school year, she was talking to Hagrid in the Clock Tower Courtyard while Jacob's sibling was duelling Ben Copper. She was also talking to Jae in the Great Hall around the same time.
Later that same school year, shortly before the O.W.L.s, she was introduced to Rowan Khanna, a friend of Jacob's sibling. They met up in the Forbidden Forest with Hagrid in order to help Rowan calm down by letting them play with Borf. Chiara also told Jacob's sibling that she wanted to become a Healer and suggested this as a career option.
Magical abilities and skills
- Charms: Chiara was capable of casting an effective Shield Charm against some Ever-Bashing Boomerangs, showing her to have been quite skilful in this branch of magic.
- Chiara (Pronunciation: kee-AHR-a) is a name of Italian origin, meaning "light, clear".
- Lobosca seems to be derived from "lobo", a word that derives from the Latin lupus, and that means "wolf" in Spanish and Portuguese.
Behind the scenes
- Chiara is the first female Werewolf named in canon.
- It's unknown where Chiara stayed during her Werewolf transformations in her Hogwarts years.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Achievement Quest "Take the O.W.L.s".
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, "Howling Hallowe'en" Achievement - Part 1, Side Quest "The Hallowe'en Feast"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 1, "Howling Hallowe'en" Achievement - Part 3, Side Quest "Wolf in Wizard's Clothing"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 6, Chapter 2 (Curses and Prophecies)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 4, "Magical Creatures Everywhere" Achievement - Part 2, Side Quest "Cute Creature Chaos"
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, "The Trials of Sir Cadogan" Achievement
- Chiara | Nameberry.com