At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
For gameplay-specific information, please see the relevant article on the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Wiki!
|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
China is the third largest country in the world by size, and the largest by population. Stretching across a large swath of eastern Asia, its capital of Beijing is located in the northeastern corner of the country. The autonomous region of Tibet is also located within China.
In July 1996, The Guardian reported that the current Dalai Lama was given the Congressional Gold Medal of Honor by the United States, which China objected to strongly, presumably due to the Tibetan sovereignty issue.
Jixi may have had a community of note in the wizarding world, as the Daily Prophet reported on its weather in its international section. Also, many different wand woods were from here, for instance, Redwood trees grow here, as well as in North America.
Sleekeazy's Hair Potion was manufactured in China.
In 2010, the Chinese National Quidditch team participated in the 2010 Quidditch World Cup. The final was between China and Moldova, with Moldova winning 750 to 640. The match lasted three days, and it was widely held to have produced some of the finest Quidditch seen this century.
In 2019, members of the Statute of Secrecy Task Force accompanied a team of Magizoologists from the Calamity World Centre in England to China, where they spent several days in stillness trying to safely see and capture a Demiguise, which benefited them as a test of patience, perseverance, and focus.
Native to China
The following creatures were found throughout the Far East:
The following creatures were found throughout the Pacific Ocean:
The following creatures were all found worldwide:
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned as Chinese)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Mentioned in a newspaper)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter Limited Edition - A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films (see this image)
- Pottermore - Pottermore - Quidditch World Cup 1990 - 2014 (Archived)
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite (see video)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 5, Chapter 23 (Mischief Masterpiece) - Herbology Lesson "Chinese Chomping Cabbage"