Behind the scenes
- In the U.S., chips are referred to as "fries" or "French fries". These are about half to a quarter the thickness of British-style chips; those are referred to in the US as "steakhouse fries" or "steak fries". "Chips" is the US name for what the British call "crisps".
- In the U.K., however, fries refer to US-style "French fries".
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.