|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The ceremony was a "very hurried, quiet affair." Because James and Lily Potter were in hiding at the time, they could not risk having lots of guests, and thus the only person they invited was their best friend, Sirius Black. They named him Harry's godfather.
Behind the scenes
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Cornelius Fudge owns a photo of Harry Potter's christening ceremony, which is used to explain that Sirius Black is Harry's godfather. In this photo, Sirius is standing beside James Potter, and Peter Pettigrew beside Lily. This contradicts J. K. Rowling's statement at the 2004 Edinburgh Book Festival that Sirius was the only guest. The photograph also contradicts information from Pottermore, which states that, without exception, robes are worn at wizarding christenings. Both Sirius and Peter are wearing suits in the photo.
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Appears in photographs)
Notes and references
- J K Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival, Sunday, August 15, 2004" from Accio Quote!
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 10 (The Marauder's Map)
- Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Clothing" at Wizarding World