Clémence Poésy (born 30 October, 1982 as Clémence Guichard) is a French actress and model who portrayed Fleur Delacour in film adaptations Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Poésy was born in L'Haÿ-les-Roses, a suburbs of Paris, France to Étienne Guichard, a French theatre actor and director, and a French teacher. She took her mother's maiden name as her stage name. She has spent her life in and around the capital.
She got her first part in a play from her father when she was 14, only having two lines.
While she has been acting in film since 2001, she appeared only in French-speaking films until 2004, when she appeared in Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot. The next year, she appeared in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Poésy starred in the Academy Award-nominated film 127 Hours, alongside James Franco (of Spider-Man fame.) The film was released on 5 November 2010 in the United States of America and was nominated for 125 awards and has won 25 total.
She is a model for Chloe perfume.
Behind the scenes
- Clémence fell off of a horse at age seven, and did not ride one again until she was 20.
- She is fluent in English, naturally speaking it with almost no French accent. As such, Fleur appears to lose her thick accent after her first appearance.
- Her hair is slightly darker than Fleur's is described to be in the books.
- Poésy has starred alongside several other actors and actresses from the Wizarding World franchise in various projects:
- Brendan Gleeson (Alastor Moody,) Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort,) Ciarán Hinds (Aberforth Dumbledore,) and Colin Farrell (Percival Graves) in the 2008 film In Bruges.
- Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew) in the 2009 film Heartless.
- Eddie Redmayne (Newt Scamander) in the 2012 miniseries Birdsong.
- Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) and Kenneth Branagh (Gilderoy Lockhart) in the 2020 film Tenet.
- Clémence Poésy on Wikipedia
- Clémence Poésy at Coolspotters.com
- Clémence Poésy at GettyImages.com
- Clémence Poésy at Rex Features.com
Notes and references
- Internet Movie Database biography
- Clémence Poésy: interview. ElleadoreTV. Event occurs at 00:14. "Née le: 30 Octobre 1982, À: L'Hay-les-Roses"
- Clémence Poésy to reprise Fleur Delacour role in Deathly Hallows