Clarisse Lestrange (née Tremblay) was a witch and a member of the pure-blood Lestrange family. She was the daughter of Bernard Tremblay and Leonie Lestrange. She had brother Falco. She married Corvus Lestrange and had a son with him, Corvus.
Clarisse Tremblay was the second wife of Corvus Lestrange. In 1901, at the age of at least twenty one, she gave birth to a son, named Corvus after his father. At some point thereafter, her son was separated from his family.
- The name Clarisse stems from the Latin word "clarus", meaning "bright or clear."
- Tremblay is a topographical name that stems from the Old French word "tremblaie", meaning "aspen" or "a place planted with aspens."
Behind the scenes
- Clarisse Tremblay is played by Sabine Crossen in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. The character is named "Mrs Lestrange" on her resume.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay (First mentioned)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned only)
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (First appearance) (First identified as "Clarisse Tremblay")
Notes and references
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 103: Leta says that Corvus "remarried not three months after her [Laurena's] death", which would imply that Clarisse is at least 17 and of age at the time. Laurena died sometime between September and December 1896, so Clarisse was (at least) 17 between December 1896 (three months after the earliest Laurena could have died) and March 1897 (three months after the latest Laurena could have died). March 1897 - 17 = March 1880, which is the latest date she can be born.
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay, Scene 103
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Lestrange family tree (see this image)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 88
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay, Scene 96
- ↑ IMDb